Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To Dye For...



In one of my recent trips to the D&D, I stumbled upon a GREAT hand dyed linen at Designers Guild – a tie dye-ish color-faded fabric covered one entire wall of the showroom. Honestly, it was a “love at first sight” moment…

I have always been drawn to tie dye, and this is no exception. Lucky for us, DG offers it up in several colors.

What could be more crisp and clean than a fade from vibrant color to bright white? For curtains this fabric is a home run. Look - Home & Gardens featured this very thing in their most recent issue.

http://www.housetohome.co.uk/room-idea/picture/design-ideas-dip-dye/5#./1?&_suid=133597090458308020493868469385

Years ago I bought a similar fabric from DG and upholstered 4 French dining chairs. I still have them. They were gorgeous and I would buy it again in an instant, if they hadn’t discontinued it. I sooo hate when that happens…. In the spirit of this resurgence, we really need a comeback.

No comments: