Friday, May 4, 2012

It’s That Time…


It’s that time of year again when house tours are in full swing and I’m the happiest of girls…The NY Times ran the full list of local tours yesterday - I wish I could hit them all...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/03/garden/home-and-garden-tours-around-the-country.html?_r=1&ref=garden

Tomorrow is the Junior League Tour, a fav of mine. A year seems like forever ago, when my apartment was on the tour, and honestly not a minute too soon - ever since then I’ve been boarded up behind tall scaffolding. If only it had gone up while the work was going on. I’m truly counting the days until it’s gone…

Anyway, let’s not forget, it’s also Kipps Bay season – another not-to-miss event. It’s usually hosted in an amazing townhouse or mansion, which in my opinion is half the fun, but not this year – this one takes place under new white box construction. That usually means out- of-the box kitchens and baths that all look the same, but I REALLY hope not. This bath btw was designed by Larry Laslo for a previous Kipps Bay Decorators Show House and it is a keeper. The tile is 5-star, as is everything really. I Love, Love, Love…

http://www.kipsbaydecoratorshowhouse.org/index.htm

No comments: