Friday, April 27, 2012

Liking the Lattice…


This small outdoor space would be a dream for us city slickers.  After all, you don’t need much of a terrace for it to be life-changing.  This is likely not in the city at all, but I can imagine it here… 

Recently while shopping in SOHO I saw a similar space between two buildings connected to a clothing and accessories boutique.  The doors were open so you could enjoy the air and a little bit of sun from above – like this.  I was in love…  

My favorite part here is the lattice work, the pilasters and especially the starburst cross-cross design along the base.  It's perfectly done.  I know my millwork, so I’m sure this little bit of heaven was no inexpensive venture, but worth every penny… 

Our roof terrace is closed for business at the moment, while roof work is being done, so it’ll be mid-summer before we can enjoy something like this again.   Until then a girl’s gotta dream…         

No comments: