Monday, January 9, 2012

A Glimmer…


I love lighting, and even though my first thought in this department, is an amazing chandelier, I’m also drawn to the ever so subtle variety… soft and glimmery (not a real word according to spell check, but you get where I’m going).

This staircase is quietly lit from the side, and the effect is amazing. I did something similar with a window in my own apartment, and it’s one of my favorite parts of the space. It’s pretty, but it’s also the best-ever night light I’ve seen. Also on my list is to try? This same thing, but above at crown molding level.

My favorite applications of the technique are the ones you can’t quite figure out. “Where exactly is the light coming from?” There are tons of places you could try it, but no matter where, the effect is a winner.

Imagine this staircase at night… Stunning I’ll bet.

No comments: