Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Smarty Pants…





As a renovator I’m always solving problems and thinking of ways to camouflage the things I’d rather not see. Soooo when I opened my Winter Renovation Style and saw this, I was delighted – another problem solver at work….


This cabinet is stylish in its own right, but the bottom half is all about function – covering an ugly air return in a way that it works, without having the not-so-pretty grille in plain view. This is a keeper of an idea. Pure genius, really... I can see this working well for radiators or through-wall AC units, if you could position them right.


PS: the zig zag wallpaper in the back of it is a winner too…

2 comments:

Kelly Giesen said...

Yay. So happy to have you!

erin said...

Kelly,

I found your blog today serendipitously and have been devouring it (obviously working my way backwards)! Your style is lovely and you feature so many good ides. I just sent a link to this post to another blogger who has been agonizing over an ugly air vent in her front entry hall. This is genius (and something I will share with my mother who has the same issue)! Thanks for sharing your beautiful blog!