Thursday, November 10, 2011

Silver Edging...



I’m drawn to silver – the high polished variety again and again. So it goes without saying that I would Love this master bedroom in this month’s Elle Décor with silver accents. The headboard has it, the dressing room has it too – everywhere. It’s beautiful…


Last night I met an old friend for dinner at comfort food/chicken place in the Flatiron district. It was fashioned after kitchens in the 1950’s – metal painted cabinets and Formica counters wrapped in chrome. Formica is not my favorite, but the chunky chrome edge was amazing. I HAVE to find out where I can have this done… We’ve all seen these kitchens at one time or another, and my friend, he had one. They went curb-side when he renovated of course, but I’ve seen new ones in St. Charles Kitchens and they’re cool…


Which brings me back to this dressing room – it’s a modern version of a 50’s look in lavender lacquer. It just goes to show you, what’s old is new again, and yesterday’s traditional is today’s modern.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gahhh I am so with you! The lilac is sublime!

Dream Mom said...

Wow, love that headboard!