Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Days…

I got my first issue of Luxe in the mail this week and absolutely Loved this room. It’s the living room of fashion designer, Johnson Hartig. Go figure…

It makes me happy to have a new magazine in my life each month, and how better to describe this room that just that - happy?

Color can be tricky – too much and you may tire of it, but paired with a bright white, it’s uplifting. This room pulled me in, in an instant – super glam, no fuss, all fun…

For me ceilings are soooo important – the higher the better. There’s some unexplainable feeling that draws me in, and this one is no exception. The raw wood is brilliant. It makes the room much more interesting than it would have been if the painter kept on going. Much like the art on the walls, the contrast against the “all white, all the time” space is perfection: white walls, white floor, white décor, then hello color.

Speaking of art…the Damien Hurst circle is a show stopper. I love it, and its great inspiration, especially today. I’m meeting friends at the art galleries in Chelsea later – can’t wait to see what we find...

No comments: