Friday, October 7, 2011

Restful Simplicity...

I Love designing bedrooms…

My philosophy is go minimal in a bedroom – a bed, nightstands, seating, lighting to complement a rock-star light fixture, and that’s about it. I also gravitate toward built in storage over dressers.

Uncluttered bedrooms in my opinion are more restful. BUT restful doesn’t mean boring…

My go-tos for an interesting bedroom are usually an amazing wallpaper, a large scale piece of art, or a collection of many. That said, here’s the exact opposite approach, and it’s lovely. Decorate minimally, hang a small off-center art piece, and call it a day…or a night maybe. This is understated elegance at its best, casual and dressed- up at the same time.

It’s all good - very, very good…cool carpeting, love the bench, pretty lamp, refined bed, soothing colors…and so on, and so on…

No comments: