Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fun Sun Relief…


Having outdoor space in NYC is pure luxury and if I had it, I’m seeing this…

I’m a big fan of awnings, and have been ever since a boyfriend of mine had one years ago. When he bought the house it was already there and it screamed “granny” with scalloped edges, fringe, and an ivy printed underside. I remember deciding whether to replace or get rid of it, but after hanging out underneath it for a summer, there was only one real option – install a new one.

I love the stripes on this one. A client of mine had yellow and white years ago, and I was smitten. Being able to retract it is also great for flexibility vs. a fixed style. I cannot think of a better way to add ambiance to an outdoor space, and it’s perfect for the pale variety, like me. With this I could be outside in the blazing sun any day. We have a roof terrace on our building without any sun relief, so there are times I’d like to go that I can’t. We could use one of these…

I’ve seen so many cool styles of awnings and umbrellas out there. The most difficult part would be choosing which one – what color, what style, what edge detail. If only I had that problem…

No comments: