Friday, October 14, 2011

Magic-Makers…


AD made me very happy this month. There was a lot to lovvvve….

I have a soft spot for entrances in general, but the architecture in this one makes my heart pound. These ceilings are amazing…and although they look original, they’re not. Designed specifically for the space by two typically modern architects, Shelton Mindel & Associates gave this entry a lift by pairing a classic treatment with a more contemporary pattern. Who says modernists can’t go traditional every now and then. They’re magic makers…

I’ve always admired this style of plasterwork, and although I’ve never tried it, it’s on my list. I went to an open house around the corner on 79th Street with a friend of mine, as she’s on the hunt for an apartment to renovate. Being a little early, we spent a few minutes in the lobby. Never mind the apartment - I was happy enough to stay put. The ceiling was just like this one, and I couldn’t stop thinking about it all day…

This is just one piece of the amazing apartment overall with gorgeous bones, two terraces and views of Central Park…no less.

For more eye candy, check it out online or better yet, pick-up a real-deal glossy off your newsstand:

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/homes/homes/2011/11/shelton-mindel-manhattan-apartment-renovation-slideshow#ixzz1alSQp2Wb

No comments: