Monday, June 20, 2011

What Was…


Mary McDonalds’s office has been in my save file for a while. I love the desk with what appears to be a mirrored top. It’s hard to tell if it was made with molding or found and adapted. Either way it’s a keeper…

Since this image was taken everything has changed. The pastels gave way to red and black, and the images and wallpaper are gone too. I recognized the space immediately on the show, but in true decorator’s style, she changed it somewhere along the line - maybe more than once…

Redoing for me means a move and another renovation. I part with some pieces, recycle others, and change things up with color, fabrics, and accessories. But she’s not moving, so why wait?

I can relate. It’s sometimes hard to resist the urge to do a room when something inspiring catches your eye… This usually makes me wish I had more rooms to decorate. BUT for now, having just finished, my current choices are safe just as they are…

No comments: