Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Little Bit Country…




Today’s post is the exact opposite of Wednesdays. This weekend getaway is much closer to home in rural PA – the country house version of a city pied-a-terre. It’s stunning and far from anything cookie cutter…

Look at these glass light boxes or rather greenhouses built specifically for entertaining. Who wouldn’t love to get an invite here? It looks magical day and night and the elevated fire element is a list topper for me – I would Love one of these...

I grew up in the middle of nowhere with a barn, so seeing this brings me back. Our barn was for horses, not people, so no effort went into designing there. I’m surprised my Mom didn’t think of it…

I can see myself at a place like this now and again, yet I’m a city girl now, so day to day my love is Manhattan. BUT this is how many city dwellers unwind – one home inside and another one out - a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll. I call that perfect…

For more pick up the NYT or click here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/garden/the-decorated-shed-a-farm-goes-from-crops-to-candelabras.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1&ref=garden

No comments: