Monday, May 16, 2011

Worth 1000 Words


If a picture is worth 1000 words, it’s also worth its weight in gold for inspiring action. I saw a tiny thumbnail of this image in an Architectural Digest ad promoting their online site: archdigest.com. It worked. I had to click my way there to see what the room actually was – connected to a bank vault maybe?

No it’s actually it’s a submarine in the upcoming X-Men movie. No wonder even the walls are curved. This image screams cool and expensive…

I never spent any time thinking about marine-friendly design before, as I get terrible motion sickness, but this I like. It’s so simple – 2 curved sofas plus one coffee table and you have a room I’d love to hang out in – well minus the underwater part.

I love the concept of a curved sofa by itself, but two facing one another is an absolute dream… This image got me online and will probably get me to the theater as well. It reminds me of another sofa I LOVED in A Single Man. Julianne Moore’s character had an amazing home. That too was a keeper.

1 comment:

Kelly Giesen said...

When I got in the subway the other day I noticed the car was curved similar to this. Imagine if the subway was glamed up - riding would be a luxury and a pleasure...