Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Speaking of Curves…


I LOVE the new AD by Schumacher for their new line of sunbrealla fabrics by Trina Turk. It’s got me dreaming of warm weather and fun fabrics. Check them out…

http://www.fschumacher.com/collections/trinaturk2.aspx

But I have to confess, but what really drew me into the page was the model – this amazing curved outdoor sofa. It’s stunning. Never mind the weather - I would have this sofa Inside my home in a New York minute!

I have a curved kidney bean shaped sofa and I'll have it for life. I’m so grateful to someone who loved it in the 50-60’s for giving it up. A lot of midcentury designs incorporate curves, and they always tend to draw me in. The trick is a graceful curve, not one that looks space age or too out there.

With curves everyone can chat comfortably without leaning over someone else. They also create cozy seating arrangements in a room, and break up an otherwise predictable layout. I can’t get enough of them….

So in this week of celebrating curves, whether in architecture or in furniture they are a top pick in my design book.

No comments: