Friday, February 11, 2011

Fine Lines…


I turn my focus from being all about curves this week to quite the opposite - fine lines.

I love the ceilings in this home recently featured in Elle Decor – the lines and layers. They're so simple yet defining, and when paired with crown are elegant, crisp, and modern. I see this detail often in plaster prewar ceilings, but have never had anything like this in one of mine.

I want these little lines…unlike the other ones, well you know the ones…

I designed my kitchen cabinets in a similar style, so recently my cabinet maker dropped off samples of a baseboard and cove with a "like- vibe": custom and perfect for more modern clients. But as always I can't help thinking like a renovator, how can I re-create these fine lines – plaster detailing, thin molding, layers of drywall?

Hmmmm, I’m not quite sure how, aside from moving into a place where it’s already there, and that never happens to me… BUT no worries. I’ll find out. I have to. It’s already on my list of must trys…

If you’ve had this done or have any idea, do tell…

No comments: