Monday, February 7, 2011

Custom Curves…



I absolutely Love curves in architecture. I had a curved wall in the last apartment and I miss it. In this apartment there was no clear opportunity for one, but the next time around I’m determined to work one in.

If not on the wall, then why not in cabinetry?

I love how they designed this cabinetry with a curved end – no pesky corner to run into. Imagine the number of bruises you could avoid with this small design detail…

Curves look so cool and smooth. I think I know why you see them so rarely – they can’t be cheap. I often admire curved storefronts or display cases with bowed glass – like the curved corner cabinet in kitchen #2 with the curved island to match. Another worthwhile twist.

Anyway here’s to curves – the ones you’d be more than happy to have...

1 comment:

Dream Mom said...

Great pics! I love curves in furniture and walls too. It's very feminine and I am sure cost quite a bit! Most of the furniture pieces that I purchase seem to have curves.