Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Inspirations…




I’m a girl who Loves transom windows – the real working kind that lean in and provide ventilation between rooms, and the faux ones that look grand and brighten any room. I’ve had both in my renovations, and needless to say I’m always on the look out for inspiration - old ones at salvage yards to snap up and designs my cabinet maker could knock off.

The first image is of Rosecliff one of my favorite mansions in Newport - one of several in the same room. The other two are fun ones I’ve saved. Number 2 is an atypical arched gothic, with a row of circles on the bottom, while #3, featured this month in Traditional Home, is a series of linked ovals. I love what they do to a room and if one is good, more is even better.
Transoms are a thing of the past and a detail worth repeating. If I for one will continue to push this trend – one renovation at a time….

No comments: