Thursday, February 17, 2011

Floating on Air…


I’m a big fan of banquette seating in general – the look, the space saving aspect, and let’s face it, everyone wants to sit there. When you go to a restaurant would you rather sit in a chair or slide in? Sign me up for the sofa.

And they’re not just for your local diner; many high end restaurants have them too. Always comfy, positioning also makes a difference – seats facing out make for fun people watching and curved ones have that extra draw.

This one in Elle Decor took me by surprise. It’s floating on air – look, no legs. This has style and if you want to make your room appear bigger than it is – this trick would do it.

Many times it’s all about the small details. I’ll file this floating banquette away for that someday project – mine or maybe yours… It’s nothing short of cool.

BUT as for the chair with no back and no seat - I draw the line there...

2 comments:

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I am a huge fan of sofas and dining areas.... love the banquette in the photo and the saarinen table too. What a great look!

Juliana B2 said...

I love all of these blogs...the settings are always beautiful and it is soothing to see them put together the way they are....