Friday, December 24, 2010

What Goes Into A Tree?

Finding “the one” is always fun. Once I decided to get mine up, I started making the rounds… Living in the City is like no other in this respect - your tree may be no further than right outside your door. Literally - walk out the front entrance, cross the street and there they are, a ton of them in all different sizes – from the “wow you must have a massive apartment” size to the Charlie Brown variety.

Another perk, they are on sale 24 x 7. I LOVE this…

But the prices vary A Lot. Right outside my door a 7 foot tree is $160. Ughhhh. Down the street 8 blocks $85 - better… Up the street two blocks to my favorite neighborhood produce guy and I hit the jackpot - $65. Closer to home and it comes already in the stand. Perfect…

Getting my tree home was as simple as carrying it up the street 2 blocks and getting it up one floor on the elevator. I Love my little tree and the apartment smells so great…

So what about the decorating? My simple plan is a little less simple than my original thought of lights and balls. After a trip to the flower district and a few more side trips around the neighbor hood, I fell in love with several varieties of clear Lucite snowflakes. To them I added some of what I already had - white sparkly snowballs and clear crystal ice cicles. LOVE it…

I didn’t want to go to sleep it looked so pretty… I’m already sad thinking of when it comes time to take it down…

It’s the holiday so most of you are taking a break from cyberspace. Me too…

Merry Christmas where ever you are…

No comments: