Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More Pretty…

Same home – different room.

I Love the butler’s pantry in Jennifer’s dining nook - it’s so serene and nothing here is off the shelf. The style of the cabinetry and the color are both unpredictable – half circle mullions in a soft gray, paired with crisp white marble counters.

What’s not to love? I could drop this into my apartment as is, and it would fit right in.

The mirrored backsplash is a winning combination, as it draws light from the outside in. If it were mine, I would mirror in the back of the upper cabinets as well. No reflection in a cabinet is ever too much for me, and with the right lighting - nothing better...

I wish we could have seen more of this room – an eat in kitchen maybe? No doubt the rest of it is just as pretty…

1 comment:

Dream Mom said...

I like your idea about mirroring the back of the cabinets. I just got my issue of Veranda in the mail today and thought her place was beautiful. I wanted to move right in that room!

My other favorite was the dining room by Suzanne Kessler on p. 53. I love the arched doorway or cabinet-not sure what it is exactly-but it's gorgeous.

My only beef with Veranda is that they have to quit putting that subscription sticker on the front of the magazine. It used to come in plastic annd the cover was never ruined; if they aren't going to do that, then attach it to the back of the magazine.