Monday, January 3, 2011

Design Contradiction...

OK - it's back to reality after a nice long holiday...

For my train ride home I picked up House & Garden UK and was so excited when I hit page 93. Look at this room... Instantly, I was smitten. You would be too if you saw the actual image and not the scan.

This room is a pleasant contradiction of sorts - a mix of pattern and pure calm bundled into one. The curtains are fantastic. I really like the ordered geometric (Note to self: track that fabric down). The rug pattern is the perfect complement without appearing busy.

The furniture in a crisp bright white brings in the calm, without being at all predictable - the fretwork design on the chairs is fun and unlike anything I've seen. And the table...

I have an affinity for anything round to begin with, so a round dining table is a must-have in my book - especially a pedestal. I've always wanted one, but rounds require spaces with a certain shape and proportion. They also take up more room than I have had in a while - another item for my someday wish list...

This room is inspiring and beautiful - the perfect opening to a new year...

PS: If you have a chance to pick up this issue, check out the preceeding 2 pages. The Selena Rose cutwork on the chair and curtain border are also brillant.

No comments: