Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cropping Up Everywhere…

In the last few years there has been a subtle resurgence of bunk beds. They’ve always been fun, but most of them were not so pretty to look at.

Well not anymore…

Lately they seem to be cropping up everywhere. And no wonder, they really make sense - for small spaces and not so small spaces. For kids and adults alike. The bunks of today are cute and even elegant/retreat-like. In fact if you win the HGTV Dream House, you will have one too. Note to self: you’ve gotta play to win.

My sister created a bunk room in one of the boy’s rooms and all three kids crash there at night. They love it. How’s that for togetherness? They came to visit last week and the whole family got my bedroom – a bunk room without the bunks. An Aero bed + bed is not quite the same. A bunk room like this would really come in handy in NYC…

So I say, bunk up. The possibilities for decorating them - endless….

1 comment:

Dream Mom said...

I think those are some pretty examples and yes, they've come a long way. For some rooms however, they are just too big and a big overwhelming.

Whenever I see bunk beds, I am reminded of a coworker's sister some twenty years ago-her son's had bunk beds, until she found a ahem, girlie type centerfold taped to the upper bunk (good for him to see but out of Mom's eyes or so he thought, lol.)Still makes me laugh today.