Monday, November 15, 2010

Nesting…

As we get closer to the holidays and begin the colder nesting season, I find myself drawn into a cozy table. I am not sure where I came across this, but instantly I loved it.

What a serene space….the colors, the materials, the styling.

I especially love the branches – so simple and elegant. The height alone makes a grand statement. In the Spring, cherry blossom branches show up in the corner deli’s, but I’m sure I could get something similar in the flower district or from my local florist any time of year. If not, curly willow and some tall blooms would work. Another plus, they last. The only thing I’m not so sure about - how would kitty react…

And what about the sphere – my absolute favorite shape for lighting. I could sit at this table for hours… Throw in a little comfort food, a few friends, and maybe some magazines, and I’d be ALL set.

No comments: