Monday, April 5, 2010

It’s Coming…

It’s that time of year again when the buzz starts about the Kipps Bay Showhouse. Like groundhogs day, it’s usually somewhere on the Upper East Side, just off 5th Avenue, but this year they’re breaking that tradition; and lucky for me, its right around the corner. On West 76th street steps from Central Park, this marks the first ever Showhouse on the Upper West Side.

So last weekend with address in hand, I did a “walk-by” to get my own preview…

From the outside it looks PRETTY… Parisian-like, loaded with ironwork and grand French doors, this beautifully renovated limestone mansion sits on a picturesque tree-lined street. Quintessentially old New York, it’s a stunning six-story residence, with 6 bedrooms, 7 baths and a jaw dropping 10,000-square-feet of living space. In short – an absolute dream….

For fun I also scanned the list of designers and noticed one of them is my upstairs neighbor, Nancy Boszhardt. It will be fun to see what she does, I’m also excited to see Celerie Kemble’s room, as I loved her recent book. Another highlight? The kitchen I bet. Christopher Peacock is an endless source of inspiration in that department, but no matter what, there will be a lot to see…

If you can get there – Go: open April 30th - May 28th Monday through Saturday. And bring a friend or a few if you can, it’s always a good time….

And if by chance you happen to have a spare $19.5 million hanging around, this Renaissance Revival beauty could very well be yours… I’ll flip you for it.

2 comments:

Hamptontoes said...

I too was so excited to go, but I've heard it's been canceled?! Are you sure it's still on?

Kelly Giesen said...

You are so right! Thanks for telling me. I saw it was still empty last weekend and wondered why - now I know. Shoot...but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.