Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wish I Was Here...


This is perfect day dream material for a chilly weekend. During the winter freeze, images of warmer weather are even more compelling. I guess you always want what you can’t have...

This pink umbrella made the cover of Coastal Living and had me at a glance. The girly pink color is a winner on it’s own, but the style absolutely makes it – a double-decker with a regency style edge detail. Very retro beach club glam, thanks to Santa Barbara Designs.

http://www.sbumbrella.com/index.html

I am not a sun person because my skin is so fair. This makes me appreciate an umbrella WAY more than most – an absolute must have for my sunny vacations. If I could think of a place for this in NYC, I would have it in a second….

BTW everything here can be found at Round Hill Resort in Jamaica. It was once a private beach club for style icons the world over, can you tell? Today Round Hill is made up of 27 villas, most with a private pool and several guest suites. Each is decorated by it’s owner, primarily in a relaxed Caribbean plantation style. The best part - much of the original retro ambiance clearly remains today – love that.


Wow, I really need to get out of here for a while…

2 comments:

Dreams of Perfection said...

Love love love the retro look. The little pop of turquoise on the towels steals my heart :o)

Kelly Giesen said...

You are so right and I LOVE that color too....