Sunday, February 28, 2010

Living Undercover...

I've been living undercover for a while behind a temporary veil of dust and plastic. During a renovation curtains are not an option, so you have to be creative. In the last one bubble wrap did the trick, while in this one, we used long clear plastic drop cloths.

Believe it or not 2 layers of plastic and a little dust make perfect curtains. It’s a little like living underwater – you can see out, but everything is fuzzy and blurry. But lately more and more I find myself wishing them away - pushing them aside to let life in...

Imagine my surprise when I came home from a few days away and found my big front window clean and plastic-free. The view was beautiful, and instantly I remembered what drew me here in the first place. The following day I woke up to see what I could not have before - falling snow.

Living outside on the inside makes me happy, so I really appreciate seeing clearly again. And yes I'll eventually have curtains, but they'll stay open, because why have great windows to live life undercover?

2 comments:

Dreams of Perfection said...

I feel the same about our kitchen bay windows. I hate letting the shades down. I love eating and looking out into our backyard. It feels like we're eating outside. And having that natural light is always the best.

Kelly Giesen said...

Bay windows are beautiful. I would lovvvvve one.