Monday, November 9, 2009

Nice...



I'm dreaming kitchens right now, as I make my final plans for mine. But if I were to wake up in this one, I would be thrilled.

I saw this kitchen recently and just loved the open feel. It looks new, but at the same time like it’s been around for a while. The high beamed ceilings and oversized windows and doors give the space an “old world” feel and help bring the outside in. Imagine the light here…

Having the island up off the floor helps to expand the room, and the size is perfect for working and entertaining. The the pot rack says "I'm functional", but because I feel about pots like I do about books, I would hide them. In exchange I would opt for an amazing pair of light fixtures.

Other likes - the combination of marble on the counters and limestone on the floor is pretty and very soothing. And the blue - this is something I would not immediately think to do, but it really adds personality. I wonder if there are upper cabinets anywhere in this kitchen or just shelves and built-ins? I wish I could see more.

This kitchen is simple and elegant in every way – a place I would be happy to be in any day of the week. Especially now as mine is nothing more than a dream...

No comments: