Thursday, August 27, 2009

Restaurant Inspirations...









I find inspiration everywhere – architecture on the street, shopping in cool boutiques and at restaurants. After all great design will keep you coming in again and again….

This is the BG Restaurant on the 7th floor of Bergdorf Goodman. It was designed by another Kelly, Kelly Wearstler, and no surprise it is right around the corner from her accessories shop and other stylish housewares. I absolutely love this place – the soft blue colors are my favorite, the De Gournay wallpaper, the bird’s nest-ish lighting, and the curved regency chairs. I could go on and on... Even the built-ins and moldings are fun.

Since it is a restaurant I should talk about the food, which is good, but it is really the atmosphere I go there for. It overlooks the prettiest part of Central Park and is set-up in vignettes – one for bar and others for dining. Each has so many little details to focus on and is unique in it’s style and color palate. I never tire of going.

I especially like the afternoon tea, as it is a great place to sit and chat with friends. I wrote about tea today, as I am off to London to celebrate my sister’s 40th birthday with my Mom. It’s a girl’s trip, which is sure to include afternoon tea and tons of places to find more inspiration – can’t wait!

No comments: