Friday, August 14, 2009

Outside the Box...


I was drawn to this very simple entry hall featured in Domino a while back – it’s also appears in their book. BUT I especially love the nickel demi-lune which incidentally is about to become my bathroom sink.

I love the idea of using a table or console as the base for a vessel sink. This one has the “perfect look” but is a little on the shallow side by a few inches. With a new slightly larger marble top and the faucet coming from the wall, I plan to make it work.

Although a tad narrow, it compensates in width which leaves me plenty of room on either side for pretty and useful things. It also has the right amount of space for getting ready - makeup, blow dryer, brush... Another great feature is the mirrored shelf on the bottom - perfect for towels. With that I am all set.

Stay tuned for the reveal…a few months from now.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Great idea to make it larger with a bigger marble top. When I had my bathroom vanity made it was with a type of granite that had been mined out, called blueberries and cream, so I told them I didn't want it cut I wanted it to be as large as possible.
Can't wait to see the apartment.

PS: The piece of granite they cut out for my bathroom sink is now my drainboard in my kitchen.

Kelly Giesen said...

That is great. I saved my sink leftover from my first apartment too but you realize when you go to lift it just how heavy it is!