Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Grand Entrance



I have entry hall envy… This entry featured in House Beautiful this month by Winsor Smith came right on cue. I have 2 clients with large entrance foyers and I have been dreaming about just this – an ottoman inspired chair as a fun alternative to the classic central table.

I am not sure what the official name of this piece is, but it reminds me of something you would see in a grand hotel. It’s the perfect thing to flop down on and take off your shoes off or drop your coat or handbag on. I can’t think of a better place to sit and wait or linger and chat. My kitty would love it too, as he always waits for me by the door.

I remember seeing a similar one in Sheila Bridges home in Harlem a while back and wanting one then. I love the curves and traditional style of this one, but could also see a more modern version with less tufting. Either way a winner– functional and eye catching.

I wish I could work one of these into my new apartment, but you need a ton of open space, something I do not have at the moment. Until then it makes “the list” for someday…

BTW the photography from above brings an artistic perspective – so beautiful and inspiring.

No comments: