Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Take Time to Smell the Flowers

I am ready for spring... This time of year all the little local flower shops have great flowers - and this day was no exception. Rhinoculous and hydrangeas are favorites of mine. Meet Buggs my kitty - he likes them too from every angle. To him bear grass is absolutely irresistible and will not last long, but I buy it anyway as it adds a little fun to the arrangement.

I love having fresh flowers in the house as it brings the space to life in a way nothing else can. I have been collecting vases at flea markets and antique shops for years. Various shapes and sizes give each arrangement a unique personality and picking which one to use is half the fun. I have a shelf for all my vases but need even more space - a small closet would do. I was lucky enough last weekend to pick up a beautiful etched decanter for $10 at the flea market - it may be my favorite vase yet. Oddly enough it was the end of the day so I cannot believe it was still there. I can't wait to fill it with flowers and plan to the first chance I get...

No comments: