Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Barn-Style...


This week has been fast and furious with one renovating wrapping up and another one in full swing.  Its decision time... 

One of the many decisions we have to make was the focus of last night’s meeting – where we place the vintage doors we’ve collected and how we hang them: swing doors, pocket doors or barn-style.  I like them all.  Doors that float into the space have great impact.  Pockets are amazing space savers furniture-wise but you need more room to install them.  Barn-style is industrial and very cool…

I’ve never done a barn style door but I’ve wanted to, and this client’s home would be perfect – an exposed brick loft for the male variety…  Today the decision has been made.  We’ve gone pocket for more privacy, so the barn is out.  It’s right, but I’m a little sad I have to confess.  Someday, somewhere it will happen. 

Take a look at these arched French doors hung barn style – wow…       

No comments: