Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Written Word…


I tend to opt for patterned glass over frosted any day, but not this day. Look…

I love the word detail on these windows – subtle and fun without looking busy or overdone. I’ve seen this in storefront windows, but had never thought about doing it at home. Until now...

Many of us here in NYC have bathroom windows facing into an air shaft. They usually come with uninspiring obscured glass, and nothing more. What better way to glam them up than this?

I will do this for sure someday, somewhere... Until then, what word, and better yet, what font?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Kelly
I like this idea. I've been wanting to do something like this as an art piece on a vintage mirror with an interesting frame, maybe with the word 'beautiful' or even a quote. Thanks for sharing-love your blog.
Have a good day
Lisa

Kelly Giesen said...

That would make a great art piece and if you put mirror behind the words, they would pop! I have done this with etched doors and it was amazing... Thanks for reading!