Friday, December 2, 2011

Placing Pattern...


To pattern or not to pattern that is the question. It’s not a yes or no, really, but more of a where. Where should I place my pattern?

I met with a client last night to look at some fabric samples for reupholstering a pair of great chairs. We look at bold patterns, plain, and texture, and landed on 3 promising options - 2 patterns and one small pattern that’s more about texture than anything. I like all 3 and left them with her to consider. She wanted to make a decision on the spot, but I insisted she wait to see them in daylight, as that can change everything… I was right. She called to say today she changed her mind from last night’s pick.

The decision is not an easy one - do you put a bold pattern on the chairs or go more subtle, bringing in pattern through accessories? Hmmmm…actually, l like both. I’ll swing by and cast my vote, but seeing this patterned pair, I have to say, I’m loving it…

No comments: