Monday, October 3, 2011

The Switch...

This weekend was perfect for pre-cold weather nesting:
- Taking down my winter clothes/shoes and storing away all things summer
- Laundry for everything
- Reorganizing closets and sorting out things I no longer wear
- Weeding through my favorite magazines

Today I’m feeling lighter and organized…

Going through a year’s worth or magazines is no small task – deciding what to toss and what to save. Four trips to the trash room and one pile of saved images and ideas later, I was finished. Well until my neighbor stopped by with a magazine she thought I would like – the September issue of Connecticut Cottages and Gardens.

What teen wouldn’t be thrilled with this cool bedroom? I would Love this.

Purple is a favorite of mine, and this shade is spot-on perfect against a crisp bright white. My favorite elements: the simple border on the roman shades, the ragged texture of the bed curtains, the fluffy round rug for softness, and the pink guitar. Guitar? Whether you play or not, this takes the cake.

Purple is a great cold weather color, and paired with white, it’s reminiscent of coming snow. OK, I better not get ahead of myself - after all, this is fall, not winter... Today marked another first for the season: black tights. This is a big sign a new season’s here, and thankfully I’m ready just in time…

No comments: