Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crazy Days…



Lately I’ve been caught-up in a series of crazy days…frantically running around with a looming deadline – a baby girl.

A client of mine is doing a full renovation – combining two apartments into one and changing everything. It’s going to be a really cool space, but until then, they’ve settled into a rental for the year.


Rental decorating for them means disposable, but it still has to look good, so I’ve been running around hunting for inexpensive ready-made options that are available, no waiting. We also can’t change the paint colors, like them or not. In this case, NOT…


Soooo in an attempt to decorate on a dime, I dropped into West Elm on a mission to cover a not-so-long-for-this-world sectional sofa with clusters of pillows. I found several that look great together, including a big fuzzy Mongolian lamb oversized euro. It’s perfect.


When I left at midnight, without the bags I came with, I was feeling good. My shop til you drop day was a success, and I’d found some really cool things– temporary or not. This little owl tickled me, so I HAD to have it – for baby and for me, and just in time for the holidays. I also love this geometric pillow, so much so I’m off to buy another.


The crib and changing table arrive this afternoon and these at least are keepers. BUT we’re not out of the woods yet… Today’s challenge – curtains. Pick-up ready-mades, have them hemmed, and add a wide border of wavy ric-rac. Great plan, if only I can find a drycleaner that will come through in a day! I so WISH I had learned how to sew about now…

No comments: