Friday, September 2, 2011

Getting Out of Dodge…


Most people are running for the hills – doing everything they can to get out of Dodge this weekend. After all it’s our last chance to catch the tail end of summer, especially considering last weekend’s hurricane.

Me? I’m staying here in Dodge, catching-up on life in the sleepy city. I love holidays here... no crazy traffic, no crowds, and a calm you rarely see...

But this image could twist my arm to flee. Look at this garden and house..Could it be any more picture perfect? A lot of work goes in to keeping it this way, no doubt, but in the spirit of the weekend, it’s all holiday all the time. This is a place without lists or errands, a place of favorite foods and magically made beds.

Yes I’m sticking to plan, staying put, but I’m charmed by the dream of this, wherever it is. Enjoy your weekend – hopefully you’ve started already…

No comments: