Friday, September 16, 2011

Call Me Colorful…



I LOVE all things tabletop… In fact I learned to cook, primarily so I could put something more than take-out on my collection of pretty china. Talk about motivation…

I’ve gone through many phases of collecting for my table… I started with silver serving pieces and I love them still, but these days, keeping them polished is stressful. Before my last party I was up late polishing at the 11th hour. That night I opted for a simpler life…

My new easy entertaining philosophy started with stylish new flatware – polished stainless, no work required. It’s made in Italy by Ginevra. Love it!

Funny, the pattern is strikingly similar to the to the Sabre Acrylic collection( traditional with a simple, modern vibe)and since the serving pieces for my flatware must be special ordered, I decided to mix things up a bit... That’s where Sabre comes in. From France, Sabre is all about celebrating color. Choosing which one is the hard part – they’re so many pretty options. Warning - it may be hard to limit yourself to just one…

I started with the girly pink for myself and purple for a friend of mine – it's her birthday. Here are a few of my favorite classic pieces: the salad and pie servers, the cake knife, and who wouldn’t love the tiny spoon? It’s clear where this is going...sign me up for ALL of it!

My top picks if they come out with more:
- A ladle (large and small)
- A pasta server would be great too.
- How about an ice cream scoop or measuring spoons?

OK, I could go on and on…

No comments: