Monday, August 22, 2011

2007 Look Back...



My save file dates way back – a file of great rooms, interesting ideas, architectural inspiration, and products or people to remember. This post goes back to page torn from Traditional Home in April 2007 highlighting Karin Garcia - a designer, architect, and artist all in one.

Karin describes her work as multi-functional art, easily applicable for many unique product types. Her specialty is custom work, so if you can dream it, she can likely do it. Check out the purple door….

Her current line includes tables, wall art, and unique elements overlaid with pattern on wood or acrylic, and protected under resin. Acrylic, as you know, is a favorite of mine, so for me the intrigue was instant...

When I saved this originally, I envisioned creating a custom tabletop to size and placing it on a unique base for one of my clients. One day I WILL do this…

If you want to be inspired even more, click here: http://www.karingarcia.com/ingles/home_ing.html

No comments: