Monday, July 18, 2011

My Kind of Island…

This is my kind of island – not the vacation kind, the kitchen variety…

I love the interesting contrast of glossy materials the designer chose. I’ve seen similar cabinet styles in metal and glass in St Charles Kitchens and Urban Archeology. I’m not sure which one this is, but the pairing is fantastic against a classic white wood.

For me, great hardware is always a top priority in a kitchen, but the real draw here is the contrasting band of polished metal all around. Like jewelry, this is what MAKES the design. The counter materials are also flipped – marble on the modern island and bold color on the traditional side. Great choices and clearly unpredictable...

And then there’s the color – more than most would dare, but it’s a happy kitchen. So whether you cook or just hang out there, you cannot help but be inspired…

No comments: