Friday, July 22, 2011

Color Your World…


If you can’t commit to color, the easiest way to experiment is through accessories. But maybe you’re looking for something even less permanent. How about accessories with an expiration date?

If this is your frame of mind, flowers are the perfect thing.

I LOVE these purple ball flowers…whatever they are. Design-wise I’m typically drawn to spheres and to lavender so these are spot on perfect for me. Attention grabbing for sure, they bring in a happy vibe - and one better? They last a long time once bought inside.

Soooo in the spirit of a happy weekend, I’m getting myself some fun flowers – maybe these if I can track some down.

This image is on the cover of Luxe NY. When I first saw it, I thought the flowers were super-sized - an exotic tall variety. Then I caught on – the scale is created by the photographer’s vantage point (taken from a low position over the coffee table). Cool, thinking…

PS: I Googled “purple ball flower” (aka Allium/Lucy Ball) and come to find out they are related to onions, garlic, chives, leeks, scallions and shallots. Not at all what I expected. Who knew?

No comments: