Monday, June 6, 2011

Scribbles…


I love this soothing hall by Diamond & Baretta - the perfect shade of gray with a crisp bright white. You can mix these colors with anything and have a winning combination – an absolute favorite starter of mine…

The overall vibe here seems traditional - the bones are but the accessories bring in a contemporary edge. Check out the mod scribble pattern on the blue runner. I love this look.

I saw this same curly scribble in a large piece of artwork yesterday on Open House NYC in a den designed by Eric Cohler. It looked like a chalkboard scrawl. Come to think of it, maybe it was.

Apparently I’m drawn to scribbles. I never knew… I’d have scribbles in my home any day if they all looked this good. Try it yourself or hire a kid to doodle and you’re all set. Seemingly effortless but I bet, so so not…

No comments: