Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Plus One…



I always say I’d spend my last dollar on a light fixture, and I would, because if you’re looking for impact, lighting always does the trick. But why settle for one…

These dining rooms have more than the one great predictable fixture over the table. I love this look. The problem is finding multiples, especially if vintage is your preference, and even if you do, they will cost a pretty penny. That’s what lottery tickets are for…

I’m always on the hunt for great lighting for myself and for clients, and I frequently stash fixtures away if I find the right style at the right price. In fact I bought a pair of crackle glass globes a while back for that someday space to do just this. The metal fixture is gold so they need some serious plating in silver, but they sit ready, whenever I am…

This is my last post of the week as the final countdown begins for House Tour on Saturday. Come to the tour you can and if not, wish me luck…

For more information on house tour go to:
http://www.nyjl.org/?nd=events_fall_tour

Last night I created a board with before pictures - a fun trip down memory lane seeing how far the apartment has come. I know better than anyone, as I lived through it, but honestly you forget the extent. Seeing the images made me realize all over again what went into this project and how I was living for quite a while. Certainly not like I am now…

Stay tuned as I start sharing the befores with the afters and some how-to’s.

1 comment:

Kelly Giesen said...

BTW I absolutely love the fixtures they chose in both rooms.

In the first image the built-ins and mirrors are perfect - love that they sprinkled open display space around the room - a very cozy and elegant space, and not all that big.