Monday, March 28, 2011

Absolutely Beautiful...

I dropped into the Art Expo last weekend for a treat and found some rare and wonderful things… I absolutely loved these spheres of color by French artist Lartitia Schlesser-Gamelin. They drew me in instantly. Not only for the colors but for the shape – large circles on a square canvas. I’m a big fan of circles anyway so the idea of an abstract in the round is perfect for me, but what you can’t see is the iridescent, almost wet-looking quality of the spheres – the perfect contrast to the matt of the canvas. Honestly it looks like you could dip your finger into the paint. It’s beautiful… If only I had a spare wall. These are 40 inches square, and truthfully I measured every wall I have looking for a match. Another reason to dream of more space… I was also lucky enough to meet Laetitia. You don’t often get that chance. She was lovely. I can’t wait to own one of her spheres someday, but until then, maybe a client of mine will. I can visit it that way… She also had some watercolor drops in circles as well. Loved them too… http://www.schlesser-gamelin.com/Laetitia_Schlesser-Gamelin/Work_%26_Exhibitions__.html

1 comment:

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

Oh my goodness, they are absolutely gorgeous. What a great find!