Monday, November 29, 2010

The Walk-Around Plan

This is a clever modern layout - no full walls between spaces, no hallways and no doors. I’ve always been intrigued by this level of casual simplicity – a divider and a walk-around plan.

Seeing it always starts my mind thinking – hmmmm so what’s on the other side? Sometimes a closet, sometimes an office, or maybe even a bathroom. This would probably not be great for a toilet, but perfect for an amazing bath tub or a dressing area.

And what if you adopted this layout for a guest room - you could have a bed either side. Each would have a little privacy, and both could be similar, or better yet, completely different. I like it…

In the recent Tricia Guild book I saw this layout more than once, and I couldn’t help but be intrigued by the element of mystery and surprise….

The only problem – no keeping kitty out.

No comments: