Friday, November 19, 2010

Spot On…


This room is calm, super cool, and full of the collected. I Love it from top to bottom…

The designer, Frank Roop, one of my faves, chose colors that are so soft and soothing – some of my own top picks: gray, blue, white and green. I never tire of these colors together, and in fact this same color palate is not far from what I’m planning in my own home.

Another thing that struck me about this room is the floating bookshelves – a slight variation on the cube. I’m not a bookshelf fan usually, but this one is an exception. Surprisingly it looks so quiet and uncluttered, yet clearly it’s not. Here’s another room where he used a similar concept , this one with a reflective back. He’s good….. 100% spot on.

I am also drawn to the built in seating and the cocktail table in front – perfect for perching and for parties. Perfect for any day really…

No comments: