Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Have A Seat - A Lovely One...



I have an affinity for chairs. I could have a warehouse full, and if I did, I’d switch them around for variety. The little shell ones on the top were recently featured in Veranda are so cute. They remind me of a plaster niche I bought not too long ago at a salvage yard in Baltimore. Reclaimed from an old house, and stored in Mom’s basement, someday I’ll build it into mine. These would look absolutely fabulous near by…

The next pair stopped me in my tracks at a show. The booth featured wallpaper, not chairs, but I asked anyway. Turns out they are vintage as I suspected and wayyyy too expensive to pick-up and store, but I have this image for inspiration anyway - one of many in my file…

Which brings me to the third, which was one of 6 up for auction. At the time I didn’t need any dining chairs, but the style was unforgettable – especially for a girl who loves circles…

In Barnes & Noble I saw a book on chairs - seems I’m not the only one out there with an obsession like this. Funny enough, currently my table sits bare, without a single one. I need benches this time around, but no matter, I’m always out there looking for my next one or ones that catch my eye...

No comments: