Monday, October 4, 2010

Table Runners


Table runners are great. I love table cloths too and have collected many pretty ones, but they require a lot more ironing. They also tend to look a lot more formal than what I want for every day.

Recently I saw this tabletop trick in Bergdorf Goodman - table runners, not down the middle as one would predict, but draped the opposite way. Here each person shares with someone directly across - a clever alternative to placemats. Simple with a twist. Sometimes it’s the small things…

Speaking of table runners…

Recently I went in search of a white table runner for my new table and came up empty. Who knew it would be such a hard thing to find? I tried every chain and linen store on the Upper West Side, and even hit the flea market – not a one, and the few I did see were narrow or printed. I wanted wide and solid.

Well as always I’m back to custom. This gets me Exactly what I want – exact size, exact fabric and trim if I want it. I’m starting with two - linen white and soft shimmery metallic silver. And why stop there - there will be more…

Soooo let the fun begin. I’m off to the fabric district to get table-inspired...

No comments: