Thursday, October 7, 2010

Insert Self Here…


This image is calming to me – probably because it looks so effortless and pulled together and I’m so NOT at the moment. More of my storage came into the apartment, and as much as I tried last weekend, I didn’t find a final resting place for all of it yet.

Little by little each night I make some progress, but overall everything looks like a mess, and it will until I finish, so seeing this space made me happy. I always love an eat-in kitchen. They are rare here, as most are short on space in the kitchen and galleys are prevalent. Not here. This one is so appealing because the table sits front and centered on a massive double door or window, and although it’s not big, it’s big enough. I’d be really happy drinking my Joe’s coffee here…

But until I get somewhere close to this feeling, being organized with the appearance of being clutter free, I’m looking for space…

Last weekend I made a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond with this in mind. I bought a hanging multi-pocket bag made for shoes, but in my case I’m using it for pairs of gloves and socks. It’s flat so it takes up very little space and keeps everything in its place, so I can find it in a hurry.

I also bought bed lifts to boost my bed for more storage. As much as I want just dust bunnies underneath, I HAVE to use the space for storage. While I was there a girl was asking her Mom what they were, and in explaining it she said, “if you need these you have too much stuff.” Yep, she’s right. I’m guilty as charged. However living in small spaces is tough for a non-minimalist, so if I have it, at least it will be organized.

Until then I’m loving the fantasy of living in this image, so I'm inserting myself here…

No comments: