Friday, October 29, 2010

A Pick Me Up…


Tricia Guild just came out with a new book and I LOVE it. She really understands how to mix colors and pattern in just the right way without overstepping. She, like Mondo of this season’s Project Runway, takes risks for the Better.

I loved her last book. It was hot pink and black, wrapped with a textured velvet cover - certainly not your traditional cover. Like her designs, it’s more and memorable.…

And I’d love to know where she finds these amazing spaces for her images – a great mix of old world + modern or modern + modern architecture. Either way, she can do it All…and well.

If you have room for another design book, get this one on your shelf. It’s on my shelf already – my imaginary one that is, as mine's not yet built, but no matter…it’s there.

http://www.amazon.com/Tricia-Guild-Colors-Patterns-Space/dp/0847835065/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288029423&sr=1-1

2 comments:

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I love Tricia Guild too! We seem to have the same taste. When I lived in London I would go to the Designer's Guild on the Kings Road most weekends.... I wrote about it in Decorati too:

http://access.decorati.com/2009/06/19/valerie%e2%80%99s-london-guide-to-posh-shopping-in-kensington-chelsea/

kelly giesen said...

Thanks for sharing. I would love to see the London Shop! The showroom here is pretty small.

One of my favorite ever fabrics was DG and it's since been discontinued - I'm still upset...it's been years.

I really love her stuff...